Voice professionals should see an experienced voice doctor who is familiar with the unique demands placed on the professional voice at least once a year. It is very important and sometimes difficult to differentiate between a qualified voice doctor and someone who practices general otolaryngology and sees the occasional singer. To ensure you’ll get the treatment you deserve, make sure your voice doctor:
- Is a board certified otolaryngologist.
- Is trained in laryngology and/or professional voice.
- Sees a significant number of vocal professionals.
- Performs videostroboscopy and records pictures and video of your vocal cords that you are also able to see.
- Is experienced in surgery and has good surgical outcomes.