Our staff is committed to helping you understand and fulfill your insurance requirements so that you can get the medical attention you need. With all of the changes in insurance plans and high deductibles, we encourage you to check your specific insurance plan’s coverage, copay, and deductibles to avoid unexpected costs. Specific to newborns, please double check that your newborn baby is covered under your insurance plan before your visit. Our staff is available to assist you with any necessary pre-certifications.
Also check to see if your plan requires that you obtain a referral from your primary care physician prior to your appointment with us. Most HMO plans (as well as some others) require a referral or the visit is not covered.
We Participate As An In-Network provider for the following Insurance Plans. Please note that there are sub-plans and products within each insurance company, and you should check your company’s website or call them to make sure we participate with your specific plan.
- Actors’ Equity
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Global Med Management
- Great West
- Humana Choice
- Nippon Life Insurance
- Screen Actors Guild
- United Health Care
- Writers Guild
If you do not have health insurance, have insufficient coverage, or have a plan we do not accept, and you still want to be seen, our staff will notify you of our fee schedule.
Standard Billing Procedures
We utilize the services of a professional medical billing company that specializes in processing your insurance claims and payments effectively and accurately. These are our standard billing procedures:
- Always bring your current insurance card with you to your appointment.
- The co-payment amount (there may be more than one due), required by your insurance company, is due at the time of your appointment.
- Our billing office will then file a claim with your insurance company.
- After we have received a response from your insurance company, you will receive a statement/invoice from us if any additional balance is due from you. These are usually due to deductibles, co-insurances, co-pays, or items not covered by your carrier.
- We are required by law to collect these funds that are deemed the patient’s responsibility by your insurance company.
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Personal checks
- Visa, MasterCard
- Money orders
- Debit cards
For billing inquiries contact our office via email at email@example.com or by phone at (212) 290-3047.